YOUTH DEBIT MASTERCARD®
The Youth Debit Mastercard1 gives teens a way to pay that's safer than carrying cash, and parents a way to maintain control over spending. Think of it as training wheels for learning how to manage money.
As teens, they're learning responsibility
- Make purchases online and in-store anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
- Get free access to over 28,000 ATMs — more than most major banks — through the CO-OP Network of credit union ATMs.2
- Receive text alerts to help keep track of spending.3
- Feel confident with zero liability for fraudulent transactions.
- Use free Online and Mobile Banking.3
- Use eDeposit to deposit checks with a mobile device.4
As a parent, you get peace of mind
- Transfer money to your teen's account anytime by phone, Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
- Monitor spending with email or text alerts.
- Set spending limits and temporarily block card use if you need to.
- Teach your teen how to only spend the cash they have (instead of borrowing on credit cards).
- Protect your good credit by avoiding the risk of credit card misuse.
- Pay no monthly or transaction fees.
Download and sign the PARENT AND CHILD SPENDING AGREEMENT.
OPEN AN ACCOUNT
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The Youth Debit Share does not offer check-writing privileges.
- Youth Debit Share and Youth Debit Mastercard available to Members age 13-17 with valid ID and email address. Youth Debit Share requires: 1) a parent/legal guardian to be a joint owner on all shares on the account; and 2) a $25 minimum deposit to open the Youth Debit Share. eStatements and eNotices included. Subject to ChexSystems review. Minors age 0-12 may establish a Junior Varsity account (with parent/legal guardian as joint owner on all shares on the account), but are not eligible for the Youth Debit Share and Youth Debit Mastercard.
- Fee-free transactions at SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP Network ATMs. Transactions at other ATMs incur a $1fee per transaction, and you may be charged a fee by the ATM owner or operator.
- Data and text charges may apply. Check with your mobile provider.
- eDeposit is only available to Varsity Account Youth Members, ages 16-17.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!