Roth IRA is offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.1, a broker/dealer focused on serving credit union members. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is an affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group.
An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a tax-advantaged account you can use to save for retirement outside of an employer-sponsored plan.
The tax benefit of a Roth IRA is that withdrawals you make in retirement are not taxed. It may be best for you if you expect to be in a higher tax bracket when you retire.2
For an IRA that offers you possible tax advantages now, consider a Traditional IRA.2
How it works
- Make after-tax contributions up to $6,000 ($7,000 if you’re over age 50)
- Watch your savings grow tax-free
- Withdrawals can be made IRS penalty- and tax-free after five years and age 59½
- Make contributions until any age, as long as you have earned income
How to qualify
- You’re 18 or older with earned income can make contributions
- If your adjusted gross income is less than $125,000 if single, or $198,000 if married filing jointly, you can contribute up to $6,000
- If your adjusted gross income is between $125,000 – $140,000 if single, or $198,000 – $208,000 if married filing jointly, you can contribute a reduced amount
- If your adjusted gross income is more than $140,000 if single, or $208,000 if married filing jointly, consider a Traditional IRA
Roth IRA is offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.1, a broker/dealer focused on serving credit union Members. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is an affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group. For more information about CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc., please visit cunabrokerage.com.
OPEN AN ACCOUNT
Call 800.462.8328, ext. 4116
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Retirement Planning Financial Professionals are registered representatives of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, may lose value, no financial institution guarantee, and not an obligation of the Credit Union. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty States of the United States of America.
- Please consult a qualified tax professional for tax advice on your specific circumstances.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!