403 (B) & 457 (B)
403(b) & 457(b) are offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.1, a broker/dealer focused on serving credit union members. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is an affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group.
Our Retirement Builder Plan is designed to help school employees supplement their pensions and save for their future, with a variety of options available through Nationwide Financial Services.
Nationwide, a Fortune 100 company based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the United States. It is rated A+ by both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor's.
Retirement Builder Plan offers 403(b), Roth 403(b), and 457(b) plans, and has over 80 different investment options that allow school employees to customize a retirement plan to meet their unique needs.
How they work
- Make pre-tax contributions up to $19,0002
- Watch your earnings grow tax-deferred
- Borrow from your savings if needed while you’re still employed
- Start taking penalty-free distributions (taxable at your current tax rate as ordinary income) when you reach age 59 ½
- 457(b) plans allow you to take distributions when you leave your employer or in the case of death, disability or unforeseeable emergency
How to qualify
- 403(b) plans are for employees of educational institutions and certain non-profits.
- 457(b) is sponsored by some districts for school employees working at least 20 hours a week. Retirement Builder Plan is available to school employees in districts where SchoolsFirst Plan Administration, LLC serves as Third-Party Administrator. We also offer a variety of other state-approved investment provider options. 403(b) and 457(b) are offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.1, a broker/dealer focused on serving credit union Members. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is an affiliate of CUNA Mutual Group. For more information about CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc., please visit cunabrokerage.com.
Would you like to learn more?
Set up a meeting with a retirement advisor.1
Ready to sign up?
Enroll now in your 403(b) or 457(b) plans.
ALREADY A PARTICIPANT?
Already have a Nationwide Retirement Builder Plan?
Log in to check your balance, make changes, or request a loan or distribution.
Need online access?
Register to begin managing your Nationwide Retirement Builder Plan online.
- Retirement Planning Financial Professionals are registered representatives of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to Members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, may lose value, no financial institution guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty States of the United States of America. FR-3128150.1-0620-0722
- Please consult a qualified tax professional for tax advice on your specific circumstances.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!