RATE LOCK INFORMATION
A rate lock provides you the opportunity to secure the interest rate and term of your mortgage application. A rate lock offers peace of mind in the event of rate fluctuations that may occur during the processing of your loan.
Rate Lock Period
- The standard rate lock-in period is 75 days.
- A fully executed purchase agreement identifying a property for purchase is required on purchase transactions.
- Rate lock requests may be made during the Real Estate Lending department's regular business hours which include 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Rate Lock Impact Factors
A change in your loan characteristics, including but not limited to the following may cause the interest rate and, if applicable, any discount points to be modified:
- The loan-to-value or sales price of your property increases
- The requested loan type or term changes
- The property type changes
- Your credit score decreases or the occupancy plans for the property change
- You request a loan amount increase
- A negative change in your monthly income or other financial sources
If you would like to request a rate lock or have related questions, please call our real estate loan consultants at 800.462.8328, ext. 8288, option 1. The consultants can be reached during their regular business hours which include, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. or Saturday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
28,000 ATM Locations
Search fee-free ATMs in the SchoolsFirst FCU and CO-OP ATM Networks.
Refer Family or Friends
Invite your immediate family and eligible colleagues to join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union!